Bill No.: SF0018 Drafter: LGC
LSO No.: 13LSO-0131 Effective Date: 7/1/2013
Enrolled Act No.: SEA0010
Chapter No.: CH0011
Prime Sponsor: Joint Corporations, Elections and Political Subdivisions Interim Committee
Catch Title: Professional Engineers and Surveyors Practice Act.
Subject: Professional engineering and surveying licensing requirements.
Summary/Major Elements: This act repeals and recreates statutes governing the licensing of professional engineers and professional land surveyors. In general, the act:
· Renames the professional licensing board as the “Wyoming board of professional engineers and professional land surveyors.”
o Increases the number of board members from 7 to 9;
o Requires professional members to have 12 years of experience as a professional engineer or surveyor, rather than the previous 10 year experience requirement.
· Defines the “practice of professional engineering” and “practice of professional land surveying.”
· Establishes requirements for obtaining a license to practice as a professional engineer or a professional land surveyor.
· Establishes requirements to obtain an intern certificate.
· Establishes requirements for issuance of a professional license on the basis of comity.
· Provides for the continued validity of current certificates of registration.
· Requires a professional seal, signature and date on all recorded final designs, specifications, maps, surveys, plats and other final documents.
· Provides for the practice of professional engineering and land surveying through a business entity.
· Provides exceptions to professional licensing requirements.
· Specifies procedures and grounds for discipline.
· Creates civil and criminal penalties and provides for judicial review.
Comments: This act amends a major program.